So you have printed flyers and distributed them, you have bought an email database with 1000’s of email addresses and have blasted a promotional email. You are constantly firing promotional posts on social media networks, but you are still not generating enough leads for your business to reach your preset goals.
So what is going on? How can you turn the table around and start generating leads and convert these leads to customers and promoters? How to get leads? How to generate leads? How to generate more leads from your website? All these how-tos.....
A website is a sales and marketing tool. For your website to be an effective sales and marketing tool, you have to know whom you’re speaking to so that you speak the same language and convey the benefits that matter most to your target audience.
By channeling the buyer’s authentic voice - clearly, accurately, and persuasively - the buyer persona gives marketing the confidence to say, “This is what really matters to our buyers. So here’s the plan...”
57% of a prospect’s buying decision is complete before that prospect’s first contact with the supplier. (Source: Conference Executive Board: Marketing Leadership Council Research, Sales Leadership Council Research).
With this shocking stat in mind, you have to decide whether you want to be part of the conversation with your prospects, educate them with valuable content about your industry, or share your expertise with them.
If the answer is yes, then eBooks work great, as people love to read and gain expertise to identify the problems or the symptoms they face and use this knowledge in the second stage of their buyer journey, which is the consideration stage.
Make sure you don’t promote your services or products. Remember that your eBooks are targeting your buyer personas when they are at the awareness stage. They don’t want to be sold anything; they want to be informed. So write it from a neutral perspective and give actionable insights.
Share the eBook socially and ask your network to share it for you. You’ll want to ensure that you have a landing page set up that requires visitors to input their name, email, and phone number for a chance to download the eBook. Once you have captured your visitor's data via the landing page form, here is a lead for you. Below is one of our favorite eBooks. It is about Metrics that Matter. Feel free to download it.
57% of marketers acquired customers from blogging. Having a blog is one of the best lead-generating tools you can use. It not only allows your brand to start a conversation with your website visitors but is also an opportunity to have the reader's undivided attention.
Ensure that your blog is optimized to generate leads by adding a lead-generating call-to-action to every blog post. This calls-to-action often includes free ebooks, free whitepapers, free fact sheets, free webinars, free trials, etc.
Apply the 80-20 rule for your blog post content; that is, only 20% of the content should be for sales purposes, self-promotion, lead generation, and advertisement. The remaining 80% should be educational.
Then apply the 80-20 rule for distributing the blog content you just created: spend 20% of your time creating great content and the other 80% distributing it. Otherwise, the content won’t be found.
According to Jay Baer at Convince & Convert, 44 percent of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email. In addition, by aggregating and summarizing information, e-newsletters save consumers time and tell them what they need to know without forcing them to endure long reads.
Do you have a newsletter yet? If not, you’re missing out on one of the simplest ways to generate more leads. Make sure you put a newsletter sign-up in every possible place that makes sense on your website.
With this newsletter, you have a captive audience (people have to opt-in to your newsletter), but also email pathways are a great way to avoid getting lost in all the Internet noise. So again, please don’t make it all about you. Instead, share with your contacts your insights, industry news and trends, case studies, etc.
Email Newsletters are a great place to add your lead-generating calls to action.
Spend some time developing a great idea for a video that promotes your business and engages your customers. Use a short social video. Videos are quick, they’re visual, they’re personal, they work like gangbusters across multiple platforms, and they’re very share-worthy!
YouTube allows you to put links directly into the video. Use these to link back to specific landing pages on your website to capture visitors' data and convert them to leads.
Here is an example of one of my favorites. What's really great about this campaign is that HubSpot spends a bit of time actually showcasing real solutions before things get out of hand.
90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Nabisco). Infographics let you turn complex concepts, boring information, and eye-glaze-worthy data into visually enticing graphics that catch people's attention.
Infographics are affordable to produce and are great for lead generation and backlink creation by submitting your infographics to publications covering your industry.
As B2B marketers who use Twitter generate twice as many leads as those that do not (Inside View). Find influencers in your industry, follow them and start engaging with them in a conversation. Their followers, who are probably some of your potential customers, will see your interactions and follow you or visit your site. Search for trending topics and hashtags related to your business and post your thoughts into the general discussion using the # symbol. For example, if your business is mobile app development, you may use #android or #iphone as a hashtag to find and eventually get leads interested in this specific topic.
Personal relationships enable you and your organization to stand out, rise above the noise and remain top of mind. Use tools like meetup.com to find networking events nearby. Even if the events don't directly pertain to your business or industry, they will still provide you with valuable contacts and leads.
You’ll meet more people, expand your network and gain referrals. Plus, it’s a great way to build your brand. So make sure to have your business cards on you, your business elevator pitch in mind, and don’t be shy to walk up to strangers and start a conversation.
With the live webinar viewing time-averaging in length between 45-60 minutes (Source: ON24), that means that if someone signs up for your webinar and sliced an hour of their time, then they already have a level of interest in either the topic or your company.
Webinars are inexpensive to do; you can use a tool like anymeeting.com, which gives you a free webinar of up to 200 attendees for free. If you make it a recurring event, you’ll continue to grow your following. So, come up with a great topic that helps your customers and promote it using social media, your network, and your newsletter.
Always at the end of the webinar, give the attendees the option to download your webinar presentation slides, download a related eBook, sign up for your newsletter, or visit your site. This will bring visitors to your website, where you can convert them to leads.
Press releases are ancient when compared to the new digital mediums we use and rely on these days. However, I believe they should be called Media Release as the traditional press releases hardly cease to exist. When combined with the new digital mediums used today, it is still a valuable tool for generating leads.
Press releases are inexpensive to produce and distribute. They can be used to announce white papers, new product releases, etc., and can also include a link back to your website so readers can click to learn more about your business. In addition, using press releases distribution services like PRWeb can improve your SEO initiatives as it will get found and indexed by news services and search engines.
Building brand awareness cannot be done overnight. It requires patience, hard work, and the right strategies to build a flawless brand. Social media and blogging are the two best and effective ways to build a brand.
The bottom line is to build a strong and to stop trying to be everything to everyone. Instead, identify your buyer personas, your right fits, and cater your messages to them.
Customers will recognize and value of your brand when your business is the expert in the industry. So focus on communicating that through your branding, and your conversion rates will go up, resulting in more leads.
I hope you find it useful and informative. Let me know if you have any questions, and I would also love to hear your feedback.
My name is Izzy and I am a co-founder of CRM Toolbox, an award-winning HubSpot Solutions Partner. I lead our team of consultants who provide professional guidance to help businesses implement the HubSpot CRM platform migrate, integrate their tech stack to HubSpot to create a seamless environment for sales reps to use. There is nothing I love more than solving the challenges that come up when someone wants to migrate an old system or integrate their tech stack with HubSpot - it's like a puzzle!
The best information about inbound marketing, sales, guides and migrations.